Skip to content
Washington, DC Crosswalk + Pedestrian Laws
- Drivers must RESPECT THE RIGHT OF WAY OF PEDESTRIANS which means they must allow them to cross at crosswalks, corners or corners without traffic lights
- Drivers can never pass cars that have already stopped at crosswalks. If a car has stopped at a crosswalk, then other drivers must stop
- Drivers need to avoid stopping in a crosswalk since forcing pedestrians to go outside of the crosswalk them at risk of being hit by a car.
- Pedestrians ALWAYS have the right of way even when the crosswalk is in the middle of the street
- When you turn left at an intersection, LOOK CAREFULLY for any bicyclists, pedestrians or motorcyclists. This is a very serious matter and can truely injury pedestrians or even kill them.
Keep Your Loved Ones Safe with See Me Flags
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh